The Instructional Babywearing Career Course is for any caregiver or provider that is hoping to expand their current service based practice to include teaching or supporting parents with baby carriers. This course is intended for professionals with a desire to teach how to use carriers in a birthing or childcare support setting.
This course is the second part of the Introduction to Babywearing learning path. Upon completion of the second course, you will receive certification.
- A brief overview of learning types.
- Understand effective communication styles and how to apply them.
- Emphasizing gaining trust and requesting consent.
- 8+ hours of lessons via live and recorded sessions.
- Weekly live check-in sessions to supplement the course content.
- Downloadable and printable course companion.
- Skill level determination at the end of course.
- Develop your own class and demonstration.
- Lectures 19
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 8 hours
- Skill level Intermediate
- Language English
- Students 10
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
Instructional Babywearing Career Course
Let’s talk about our expectations for the course and set the tone for outcomes. Meet your instructor, and introduce yourself to the class.
Introducing Babywearing and its Benefits
Babywearing is a cultural practice worldwide. Starting with pregnancy, how can we benefit from using baby carriers?
Re-evaluating Risk Awareness and Management
The most important aspect of using any type of carrier is safety. How can we manage risks?
Focusing on Families
Supporting families requires attention to their personalized needs.
Skill Level Assessment
Practice is necessary to master any skill! Before scheduling your SLA, be sure to give yourself adequate time to learn. There is no due date for this evaluation.
It’s time to celebrate. You are now a Certified Babywearing Expert Educator!