Introduction to Babywearing
The Intro to Babywearing for Birth Workers Career Course is for any birth care provider that is hoping to expand their current service based practice to include teaching or supporting parents with baby carriers. This course is intended for professionals who are new to carriers.
This course is part of the Babywearing for Birth and Care Professionals learning path. Upon completion of the second course, you will receive certification.
- A brief history of the practice known as babywearing throughout different cultures around the world.
- Understand the main types of modern carriers that are most commonly used.
- Learn how to choose and use popular carrier types available on the market.
- 16+ hours of lessons via live and recorded sessions.
- Weekly live check-in sessions to supplement the course content.
- Downloadable and printable course companion.
- Skill level determination at the end of course.
- Practical learning experience with research and evidence-based examples.
- Lectures 22
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 16+ hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 10
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
Introduction to Babywearing for Birth Workers Career Course
Let’s talk about our expectations for the course and set the tone for outcomes. Meet your instructor, and introduce yourself to the class.
A Brief History of Babywearing Origins
Babywearing is a cultural practice worldwide. Starting with evolution, what do we know about how baby carrying began?
The Main Carrier Types
While there are many styles of carriers, they general fall into five main categories.
Risk Awareness and Management
The most important aspect of using any type of carrier is safety. How can we manage risks?
Choosing and Using a Carrier
Deciding on a carrier is a deeply personal choice. There are many factors to consider when buying a carrier..
You’ve completed the first course! You are well on your way to becoming an expert educator.